*Boatman* Peter was a novice fisherman, who struggled with the paddles, the moment the waters got rough. He felt he would drown any minute and this would make him panic. He lost a lot of business because of this. Hence he decided to approach Confucius, who was a master boatman, who was known for his […]Diaries of a Hechicera: Life is about dancing with the Flow
Goddess, whenever I look to you
I know you have known me
all my trials and tribulations
you wore them as a garland
to keep my worries at bay.
My offerings are to please you
but so trivial as they really are
when compared to the lovely gifts
countless that has been bestowed
these years on me by your good self.
In all my walks and moments
haven’t you walked with me
watching my every step that I took
correcting as a loving mother should
you were at my every beck and call.
I am greatly thankful to you
for having kept me company
I only wish you would hold my hands
lead me to places where I go after this
As I tread my steps now weary with age…
Happy Navratri and let Her blessings be upon you.
When I started on WordPress 5 years ago, the first intention was to check if content was really King (SEO ranking), and over a period of time, it has proved right for me. Most of my blog titles when written along with Perceptions ranks on the first page of Google. This would not have happened without you, devoted readers who have been following my posts and commenting and liking them. For to the writer, there is no other inspiration than a good following of readers…
Celebrating today on the eve of the occasion of Holy Thursday
आज इस शहर में अकेला हु
जबकि बहुत जान मेरे जैसे
चलते है, रोते हुए, आस पास
जब देखता हूँ उन आँखों में
सब नीरस होके मुझे देखते
उनकी निगाहो में मैं सुराग ढूंढ़ता हु |
हे खुदा कब मुझे इस जीवन से
मुक्ति मिले इस अनजान शहर से
कब मैं अपने गांव को चला जावु
अगर यह मेरी चाह कुछ ज्यादा है
दफना दो, मुझे और मेरे सपनों को
इस शहर में, जहा तुम भी अब अजनबी हो |
My first attempt in Hindi. The plight of the migrants who come to the city with a lot of dreams and a healthy soul are let down by the city so inhumanly that they crave to go back to those villages, but they are so tired and having lost their souls to the devils who linger and rule the city, now even going back seems to be a far fetched dream.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Rough translation is as below.
Today, am feeling lonely in this alien city
when a lot of souls, like me, I see in pain
around and about me, crying as they pass
as I look deeply into their sad eyes,
they sense me, with looks monotonous
i fervently search for clues in those looks
for me to survive in this city alien to me.
Oh Lord, when will you relive me of this distress
and give me solace from life and this city
when can I think of going back to my sweet village
from whence I came, if you feel this wish of mine
is too much to fulfill, bury me, my tired self
who lost his way and his dreams in this city
where, even You have been now lost to me…
It was really a pleasant moment of joy to have received the nomination from you, Sure Scribbles. Somehow, I got the feeling it would come from you any moment after seeing you get nominated. Readers are our encouragement and motivation to write more, as you perfectly know, and this would really go a long way in churning out better posts in the future from me. Thank you Shahz at Sure Scribbles once again. People who try to motivate others would always need a bit of motivation from others to sustain themselves..
11 Things About Me –
1) I am a family man who loves to be at home with my wife and 2 kids though work takes me far away from them, at times.
2) I always treasure my moments of solitude that helps me to ponder over life in general
3) Apart from writing, I like to read and sing to my close audiences at home and friends.
4) Family is my priority and meditating upon the Lord who has blessed me so much.
5) I spend my leisure reading and listening to Indian music, though western music at times does entertain and enchant me. In music, Ghazals, especially the works of Jagjit Singh haunt me.
6) I am not choosy about what I wear and what I eat.
7) I put my mind into imagination most of the time to be creative. Also I relate to present events, that I face, to events that have occurred in mythological or historical times. This helps me to understand this has happened many a time in the past and I am not the first one to face them.
8) I believe, being true to oneself and others, is the key to lasting happiness.
9) I don’t delve much into the future, though I like to rewind and replay the past.
10) Any act of mine, to fellow humans and animals to please them, is what pleases me.
11) I believe, most of what I am today, is due to the blessings of my parents, teachers and God Almighty.
Now, About the 11 Questions I have to Answer-
1) What is your overall life goal?
To be a person who lived his life the best way in the circumstances faced.
2) If you have a really bad day, what’s the one thing that can brighten it up?
The thought of coming back to sweet home.
3) When did you catch the travel bug,if you love travelling?
My personal trips are few and far between, though work does drives me to travel to many places.
4) What’s the one thing you cannot travel without?
My toiletries 🙂
5) What’s the worst thing that has ever happened to you on a trip?
Fortunately, by the grace of God, every travel has been good so far and under his loving and guiding eyes.
6) Do you have a memorable (cultural) experience?
I have been fascinated by the villages and have been touched by the simple lifestyles of the people living there.
7)What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
The culture of coping up with challenges, life presents to us, as we grow up in life.
8) Have you been somewhere that turned out to be completely different to what you imagined?
Luckily no, though I have lost my way, many a time walking.
9) Is there something you do (routine etc.) when away from home that you wouldn’t do otherwise?
Imagine to be at home using my imagination.
10) Which comforts of home do you miss most when on the road?
The comfort of home with all its assortments put together.
11) If you could do anything to make this world a bit better, what would it be?
Show respect to all and expect the world to choose love over hate.
Now to my 11 questions that you could choose to answer, though not everything is mandatory.
- What matters to you most in life?
- What hobbies are you hooked on to?
- Do you think learning about history of the country and the world in general helps?
- What are the great positives you have learnt from your religious books?
- If you saw an animal or a bird standing/sitting, would you pause and try to observe it?
- Do you like to cook food yourself, or would you choose others to cook it for you?
- Do you think cleaning up your home relieves the stress of work at office?
- What were the games you played in childhood and do you often look back in time upon those days?
- Which is the most influential book/books you have read and that have helped you to tackle life?
- Do you like to roam in gardens and enjoy the floral sights therein or be with nature?
- Which journey in life has left its most impression on you?
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award, in case you don’t know what to do (I didn’t know them myself thanks to Shahz for enlightening me…
1) Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2) Make a blog post telling 11 facts about you,
3) Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you, and
4) Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
5) Nominate 11 new bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers) by commenting in one of their blog posts.
I am sure you would enjoy the posts of my wordpress friend at https://surescribbles.wordpress.com/